Monday, February 28, 2011

Rocked

I am usually the kind of person that sees the glass as at least half full. I am married to a man who tends to have a leaky, barely half-filled glass.

This past weekend though, I saw that, like many men, his cup has compartments. And his forgiveness and unconditional love compartments are over-flowing. I guess, I would have to say that I learned that while I do not compartmentalize, my cup does not "runneth over" in these areas.

Our family was rocked to its very core this weekend with news that no one was expecting. Let me say that my immediate family is fine. I will not get into the details of it all as I am not at liberty to say, but just know that the walls of my family came crashing down around me so fast that I blinked and found myself standing among the heaping rubble of crushed dreams. These dreams brought down by the monsters called Lies and Secrets.

Lies and Secrets love to rear their ugly heads and drag down unsuspecting people into their deep, clenching grasp. They don't let go, usually when they have hold, they simply dig their nails in and hold you down. I have been doing the Bible study, "Seeking Him" lately and have just finished the honesty chapter. Very ironic---if I believed in that--I do not. I know God is an all knowing, all-powerful God who crafts every thing in HIS time. It is no coincidence that I just finished the honesty chapter and God showed me what not being honest looks like.

In my response to the events of this weekend, I found myself go through many emotions. Fear. Shock. Anger. Outrage. Sadness. I wanted answers and no one had any for us. I turned to God and screamed...why? What now? Where do we go from here? What if...

My life. The life I was living. The life I was planning out did not include this news. Rocked to my very core is an understatement of how I felt and am feeling right now. I am not able to handle all of this.

And my God knew that. He knew I could not deal with this in my own strength. And so He gently began to remind me what I am to do in my times of trouble.

"He is the Rock, His work is perfect;For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He." Deuteronomy 32:4

"The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

"For You are my rock and my fortress;Therefore, for Your name’s sake, Lead me and guide me." Psalm 31:3

"He only is my rock and my salvation;He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved. " Psalm 62:2

"But the LORD has been my defense,And my God the rock of my refuge." Psalm 94:22

"Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one." Isaiah 44:8


We have been rocked this weekend. But we are clinging to our Rock, trusting Him to bring us through on the other side. All Glory to God.

post signature

4 comments: