Friday, April 22, 2011

For You and For Me

Today was a dark day.

It was the day that Jesus was nailed to the cross for you and for me.

It was the day that God had to turn His back on His Only Son because He took on our sin in order to open up Heaven to us. When He became our sin, God could not look at Him. His only Son, the one whom had never been sin, became sin for us and was momentarily separated from His Father.

It was the day that evil thought it had won, because Jesus' broken, bloody body died and was buried in a human tomb.

I am speechless when I think of all my Jesus endured for me today...and He didn't do it because "His Father told Him too". No, He did it because He loved us. You and me. Before we were ever a glimmer in our parent's eyes.

And that Love? It is still available to you today. Do you know why? Because on Sunday...He is going to burst forth from the grave and be our Risen Savior! Hallelujah!

I hope you are able to enjoy this Easter weekend remembering everything He did to give you eternal life.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Following from the Social Parade Follow on Friday blog hop :D

    http://opalstevens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by and following from the hop. I also wanted to invite you to link up with my Wordless Wednesday hop. http://hisperfectpromises.blogspot.com/2011/04/wordless-wednesdays-adelaide.html

    ReplyDelete