Tuesday, April 19, 2011

He is calling...

In my desperate attempt to honor my Lord and Savior for His sacrifices made for me this week, it is not lost on me that this is the week my students are taking the state test---you know, the one! It's the one that says whether they go on to the next grade level---the one that says how well I taught them this year---the one that makes all us teachers so mad and all those students so nervous! And it falls during (and a little after) Holy Week! Coincidence? I think not.

Just like yesterday morning, when I was reading Jesus Calling (do you have this book? if you do not, you need to! Jesus Calling by Sarah Young), the first words for the day were, "Peace is my continual gift to you. It flows abundantly from My throne of grace." It goes on...and it is good, but I don't want to quote the whole thing...I brought it up to say that my God knew that peace would be lacking today at school with test stress surging through the roof and He reminded me that HE IS MY PEACE.

I love how He does that. He knows what I will need before I even experience it and He provides it ahead of time.

So remember...His peace is yours for the taking...as is His grace and mercy and love.

Jesus IS calling...can you hear Him?

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I hear my Jesus calling me :-)

    Dropping by from Friday Blog Hop and am now following you!

    Have a great Easter!!

    ReplyDelete