Monday, April 18, 2011

Holy Week

This week in Jesus' life was a rough one, by my standards. He was arrested, jailed, beaten and left to die on a cruel cross for my sin and for yours. I do not know how many of you have seen the movie, The Passion of the Christ, but if you haven't, I highly recommend it. I do not think small children should see it, but the scenes that show every beating, stabbing and suffering He went through for us, I do believe every adult should see.

It is hard to watch. Mainly because I know that if it were ONLY for me, He still would have done it. But it wasn't just for me...it was for you too. Before we were EVER born, He chose to die for us. Isn't that amazing?

I think this picture from the movie says it all. The love, the pain, the hurt. He did it all for us.


I am going to challenge myself along with challenging you...this week, as you start to grumble or complain about something, stop. And think of all Jesus went through for you. Put whatever it is you are going through into eternal perspective and then determine if it is worthy of complaint.

I will be praying for you. Praying that this week you see Jesus more clearly than you ever have before.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! That is so true. He paid such a high price for our salvation. God is so good! I'll be praying for you, too!

    ReplyDelete