Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

Is that right to say?

Happy Memorial Day?

It does not seem right. It is a day to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice in order to keep our country free. For too many, happy does not describe this day.

For me? I am grateful and extremely thankful that I do not have to be sad remembering my family members who have served our country. God has blessed me by allowing them to come home safely each time they deployed.

I posted this on Veteran's Day but I feel it worthy for a repost today.


I wrote a little something about what today means to me.

What is a Veteran?

It is honor, when no one else stands strong
It is keeping watch all day and all night long.
It is time away from loved ones, sometimes for a year.
It is living with constant danger, risk and even fear.

It is moving to a new place every few years or so.
It is never holding on too tight, but not wanting to let go.
It is sacrificing everything for the good of everyone else.
It is always putting others and their needs above yourself.

It is freedom. It is peace. It is something worth fighting for.
It is honor. It is duty. It is life-changing to the core.
It is brave. It is loyal. It is marching off to war.
It is tears. It is sadness. It is what will be no more.

It is hard. It is painful. It takes only the strong and true.
It is the face of America. It is the defenders of the red, white and blue.

Don't forget to pause today and be thankful for those who serve in our Armed Forces. They give up so much so we can each sleep in peace. Thanking them is the least that we can do.

To my two favorite soldiers: I salute you!

Hooyah!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment