Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Heart is Heavy

Today is a hard day for me...

My sweet "babysitter" is leaving for college.

I say "babysitter" because she is so much more than that! She is my little adopted sister, she is the daughter of my forever friend, Lynn, and she is Caroline's role model. My kids call her KK. I call her an answer to prayer.

She is my kids' playmate, my go-to girl when I need help with my kids, and she is my friend. She is the one who picked Caroline up from Pre-K for me last year when she cried all day because she didn't want to be left when all the other mom's showed up and I couldn't be there.

I have had the privilege of watching KK grow up. I met her when she was nine...and the thing I remember about her was her smile. It lit up the whole room. For a pastor's kid, she was the picture of joy. KK came to see Caroline when she was just a few days old...who knew how close the two would become?

Caroline would walk off the end of the world right by KK's side. But you know what the good thing is? I don't have to worry about KK walking her into trouble. KK has a heart of gold and if she takes Caroline anywhere it is to the foot of the Cross. She loves God with her whole heart and she is such a fun example of the joy of the Lord!
KK has a great sense of humor. She loves to laugh and have fun....she makes eating rice and gravy and deviled eggs more fun than Christmas morning! She is sensitive and she cares deeply (except when I cry about her leaving!! :) )

She is just as fun for a little wide-eyed girl as she is for a mischievous young boy.
And KK, let me tell you something...there is no way, and I mean NO WAY, this sweet princess will forget you. Ever. She loves you. She will miss you like crazy.
... so will I...so will Mark...so will Will. You may be many hours away from us but you will constantly be in our hearts.

Have an amazing time in college...and know that you are greatly loved (and greatly missed)!!!!


post signature and Mark, Will and your Mini-Me!

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic tribute! I'm sure KK is going to miss you all as much as you do her. Looks like that little princess may have her wrapped around her little finger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - that made me cry.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete