Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Random Thoughts on Wednesday

Today is Wednesday.

I usually do What I Wore Wednesday on Wednesday.

But I took no pictures this week.

And I am OK with that. (Not really, but I sort of have to be).

I don't know why I haven't taken pictures. Except that I have been working in my classroom trying to get it ready and so I pretty much look terrible every day. Yeah, that may be it.

And to be totally honest, I am slightly mad that I am having to work in my room before I officially get paid to work in my room. But the state I live in has only given us 1.5 days to get our rooms ready and frankly, I can't do that. Some of you would say that I should not go in early because that is what they are counting (work for free and they get the best of both worlds) and you would probably be right. And if this was all about me I would not.

But it isn't. There are innocent kids involved. Kids who don't know about furlough days, and cuts in pay or even what a budget is and they deserve to step into a room that is warm, inviting and welcoming (and ready!).

I think the hardest thing for me is that I cannot believe school is starting already. It is too soon. And all the other counties around us don't go back til after Labor Day. I think I might be jealous. Ok, I am jealous.

I mean, seriously....just THIS WEEK I have started sleeping past 7am (I didn't get up yesterday until 9:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I haven't done that since WAY before I had kids. And yet, it is over before it really got started. :(

But I am deciding today to not be sad/mad/jealous/bitter. :) I got my new Erin Condren life planner in the mail last week and the quote before the month of August calendar said, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." I will choose to smile because I had a great summer and not cry because mine is over way before everyone else's is (so maybe I am not quite there yet). :)

And if you need a paper calendar/organizer....go to Erin Condren and let her help you. Anonymous....this puppy will ROCK YOUR LIST-MAKING WORLD!

Happy Wednesday!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. even in cali. the teachers get a short amount of paid time to prep their classes.

    i totally get the sleep thing. takes me a while to unwind, settle in, and just when i do, wham!

    school technically starts for us in a couple weeks, but because i home-school i'm putting it off till after labor day.

    i heart lists. enjoy your new planner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige, that's why people like you were meant to be teachers... because you really care about the kids! ;)

    I think the kiddos around here go back Aug. 22nd. And there's a big stink b/c the special needs classes are being mainstreamed in with the other kids. Lots of ticked off parents on both sides of the issue... and all because they want to make these kids take the standardized tests for funding reasons.

    I hope you have a great year! :) The planner sounds fantastic - I'm a list maker too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my:: I love a good planner! I bet you are a fabulous teacher! Can't wait to read about your new school year. I'm sure it makes for great blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check out the calendar. I still haven't figured out how to sleep in until 9:30...maybe it's all the lists. Send me a website for that!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paigey Paige. I miss your pics this week but totally get it. I'm forcing myself. WIWW has made me actually wear decent clothes this week while I sit in the hospital all day long. Otherwise I'd probably be in sweats.

    1.5 days? Not possible. It takes a week to get the room ready. I remember.

    And... Erin Condren. I've loved every single thing I've ever gotten from her. Such great quality.

    ReplyDelete