Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday-I was a model!!!

Ok fellow readers...it is Wednesday. That means it is time to link up with Lindsey for some What I Wore Wednesday fun! Just some good times and good inspiration from all of the other participants.

The end of this post should make you laugh...so stick with it!


White tank: LOFT
White shirt: J.Jill
Jean Skirt: Ann Taylor
Boots: Ariat via Ebay


Black tank: LOFT
Tshirt: NY&CO
Jeans: Buckle
Shoes: Lindsay Phillips
Jewelry: Silpada


Tunic: Belk
Jeans: Ann Taylor
Shoes: Naturalizer
Jewelry: Silpada

New Favorite Dress: Belk
Boots: Steve Madden
Jewelry: Silpada


Tank: Daisy Fuentes
Gray shirt: LOFT
Leggings: Gap
Black skirt you can't see but I promise is there: LOFT
Shoes: Yellow Box
Necklace: Allora Handmade
Ok...so here is where the fun for you should begin and the embarrassment for me starts. My friend Julie is a hairstylist...she has made several guest appearances here on WIWW. Her salon was participating in a fund raiser for the American Cancer Society called The Big Hair Benefit. The event has salons create big hair and then model that hair on a runway. Julie asked me to participate in the benefit and clearly I had not paid attention to the details surrounding this event and said yes. The only other time I have been involved in a runway was when I was in high school and served on the Belk Teen Board (yes, I just admitted that out loud). We had a fashion show and I chickened out at the last minute!!!!! So, Saturday, this fashion show launched me into the most nervous I have ever been besides my wedding day! Three salons participated and each one had its own theme. Our theme was Mardi Gras. Surely that is obvious.

So this is the hair do (with the mask up in it) and my "friend" Julie. :)

The left is the group of stylists and models. The right is me...

Left is all the Mardi Gras models and right is me on the runway. We had to start behind a silhouette screen...that made me the most nervous!!!

Left is me after all of the garb was outta my hair...right is another shot of the models (I use that term loosely when referring to myself).

This is my hair with the 75 bobby pins out of it. No comment. :)

pleated poppy

post signature

3 comments:

  1. What a cool fashion show!!! Unreal!

    Love your Belk tunic, stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were rockin' that green dress, sister! love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. PAIGE!
    Girl you ROCKED that big mardi gras hair OUT!!
    Great work. HOW fun is that?! I want my salon to do an event like that. you know how i love my big hair!!

    ps- your outfits are all so cute. and i love your allora necklace!!

    ReplyDelete