Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Update: Birthday Party!

We had Caroline's birthday party this weekend. She had a pony party! She had the time of her life. I don't know if I have mentioned before how much birthday parties stress me out, but they do! This one was done by friends of mine that have horses and they went WAY above and beyond to make it awesome.

My sister, Leigh Ann, and her daughter Jenny drove up to surprise Caroline at her party. That was the best part for me...and I am pretty sure it was for Caroline...she woke up this morning missing her cousin big time!!!


Jenny, Caroline and Mary waiting for the fun to begin.

They got to feed apples to the horses.

They learned how to groom horses...well, Jenny learned and did it while the others stood back and watched...isn't that how it always is...one person usually does all the work.

More work from Jenny. I think her dad should buy her a pony for her birthday!

Then the kids got pony rides around the ring.

And they tried to wait patiently!

I even got in on the action...just holding the rope...but Leigh Ann was determined to try her hardest to get me on a horse. She lost.

They even rode with friends...

This is Gracen. I taught her in 2nd and 3rd grade. She was showing the girls what a lot of hard work and practice looks like.

Then the girls got to go on a hayride. It was a dangerous hayride...lots of ducking under branches so as to not lose an eye...but tons of laughter!!!!

Sitting back enjoying herself, taking it all in.


A good time was had by all!!!! And I survived!!! Yeah...no more parties until Mark's 40th in May!!! Shhhhh...don't tell him!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment