Monday, January 9, 2012

I am for You

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

I needed this reminder. Not that I did not know this truth already. I did. I have heard it many, many times.

But in the midst of what seems like many, many battles, I needed to hear this again. My God loves me enough to remind me that nothing can come against me that will take me down because the all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving God is for me. He is for ME! And you too. :) He is so big that He can be for me and you at the same time.

Did I mention that I needed to hear this again?

There is nothing major going on...just lots of "stuff" and lots of opportunities for me to be distracted from what really matters.

That begs the question then, what really matters?

The intellectually spiritual answer is God. He is all that matters. And that is true. He is all that matters.

But what does that look like? What does it mean to make HIM all that matters?

I think it means many things. For me, right now, it means:
  • don't get distracted by the struggles in church right now...make my time at church and in prayer for my church all about being who He wants me to be at this moment.
  • don't dwell on the negative at work...focus on the kids and doing my job to the glory of God (can I just say that that is SO hard for me...)
  • don't get frustrated that my time line does not seem to be panning out...God is sovereign and He has the timing ALL under control.
  • do spend time in prayer and in His Word, seeking His face, listening for His voice, looking for His direction.
  • do surround myself with people who will encourage me spiritually.
That was an easy list to write...but not such an easy list to live by...

I know what I am supposed to do, but the actual doing it proves to be harder for me.

That is usually when God bops me on the back of the head (like Gibbs does to Tony in NCIS) and He says, "I've got this, Paige." Just today, as I began to fret over something that I cannot even remember now what it was, I was scrolling through Twitter and Priscilla Shirer had written, "This battle- the 1 u r facing right now - is the Lord's - 1 Sam. 17:47"

Hello! See, His timing IS perfect. :)

In the middle of all of the turmoil, He has been loving enough to give me these nuggets of truths that shout to me--I see you, Paige. You are not alone. I am here and I know what is coming. Trust me.

Trust. It always comes back to that. Funny how that is, since I have major trust issues...but that is a whole 'nother post! :)

Be encouraged today...He loves you. He sees you. He knows every aspect of your life. And He will not leave you nor forsake you.

Grab onto Him and don't let go...and get ready for the ride of your life!!!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. We can all use that reminder...and the slap a la Gibbs every now and then. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was TOTALLY thinking today about how my "lists" are so well written, but living them is so hard for me...I want to be obedient, I want my heart to be in the right place, I want to make sure I'm not just being legalistic, etc....I get so overwhelmed and it seems so hard...then the doubts set in....but it's not about me and what I'M doing, it's about HIM and what He can do and is doing....SOOO I really needed to read this tonight:)!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete