Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is a day we celebrate our mothers.  I hope you have a great mother--I know I do.  If you don't, I hope you have had a great mother figure in your life.

I love my mom.  She raised my siblings and me well...very well.  We have turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself...well, sometimes it is questionable with my brother, but 3 out of 4 isn't bad, right mom?

On with my post.  These tidbits of information are compiled from all of my siblings--so Mom, you have to be mad at all of us the same!  :)

Lessons from Mom
  • Clean up your toys
  • Make your bed
  • Clean your room BEFORE you do anything else
  • Eat with your mouth closed
  • No TV until your homework is done
  • Read every day
  • Eat your veggies--or eat your greens
  • Sugar cereal will kill you
  • Do whatever you do well the first time (I am thinking dusting...haha...I hated dusting as a kid)
  • Protect your family
  • Speak kindly
  • Read your Bible everyday
  • Pray
  • Go to church
  • Good jewelry makes an outfit
  • Never leave the house without lipstick
  • Tell the truth
  • Celebrate the Fourth of July like Christmas
  • Honor your country
  • Don't scream at sports on the TV--they can't hear you anyway
  • Don't take Hobby Lobby for granted
  •  Plan ahead
  • Be prepared
  • Stand up straight
  • You get more bees with honey
  • Homemade macaroni and cheese goes with anything
  • Flank steak is the BOMB
  • Sunday dinner brings the family together
  • Rolling your tongue isn't THAT impressive
  • Use your manners
  •  You can do anything you put your mind to
  • I see you got a 98...what happened to the other 2 points
  • Practice the piano (clearly this one is NOT for me)
  • It is better to give than to receive-as evidenced by what is under the tree on Christmas morning
  • Absence makes the heart grow fonder
  • God Bless America
  • Loving a soldier is often a lonely endeavor---but worth it!
  • Family comes first--second only to God  :)
  • Never leave a family member alone in a hospital
  • Sometimes you need to eat comfort food no matter the calories
  • When your teenage son needs to talk WELL after your bedtime, you better listen
  • Never order Thanksgiving dinner from the club
  • Always brought up how nice Thumper was to Bambi
  • Loves to bring up the word "Twitterpating"
  • Always asked God to bless us before any sporting event we participated in
  • Told us to be sure and thank God after any sporting event we participated in
  • Spinach will not kill you
  • You can sit at the table for hours if need be in order to eat non-deadly spinach
  • Pizza and milk are great together
  • Don't run in the house
  • Eat over your plate
  • You can never have too many Christmas trees
And last but not least:
  • Love your children well!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Love you Mom!!!!                                                                                                                                                         
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment