Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall Faves

There is just something about fall.  I love fall.  There is something peaceful about the whole changing of seasons, cooler weather and the fact that the once brilliant and full trees change and prepare for a stark contrast during winter. 

Perhaps it is that I can relate to the trees.  We are always changing, hopefully getting better, always anticipating the next season of life and needing a little down time.  Don't you think we would take the trees for granted if they were always thick and lush?  Or maybe we wouldn't appreciate the beauty of the changing leaves if they were always those amazing colors. 

I don't know what it is that has me so in love with fall, but I thought I would try to put words and pictures to what I feel.   These are in no particular order.

 1. Pumpkin Spice Lattes

Oh how these warm my belly and my tongue and light up my tastebuds.  Now, I can't handle too big of one or too many of them because they are super sweet...but I do love one every now and then!

2. College football

Now, truly, this picture was added for my sweet husband...he is a graduate of South Carolina and they got a big win last weekend over rival Georgia.  I like college football.  I will tolerate it but really only because it means that we are THAT MUCH CLOSER to COLLEGE BASKETBALL!!!






3 and 4.  Cooler weather means boot wearing. 




I love my boots! These are my new faves...Mark says I can't wear them often because they are Georgia red, but I don't care.  I love them.

5. Holidays!!!! 

We just came off our fall break and we are only 5.5 weeks away from Thanksgiving.  That is enough to give this weary teacher hope!!!!!

6. My kids' birthdays!

Aren't they cute?  Don't their precious poses make you want to send them gifts?  That is what they are hoping for...I am just thankful for them.  They are the joy in my life and they keep me laughing (when they aren't fighting with each other!)

7. Soccer for Will

This is the first season he has played and he loves it.  I am glad that he loves it and is having fun.  He gets so excited on gamedays!!!!

8. Apple Picking
Mark LOVES to go apple picking each fall.  He plans weekend activities around apple picking and he has passed his enthusiasm on to our kids.  I like to go apple picking, but mainly for the fried apple pies and ice cream once we are done picking!

9.  Changing leaves

I have some friends out in Colorado who have been sending me pictures of their awesome leaves for weeks now and I must admit...this is my street--last year.  Our leaves have not started changing and are probably not ready yet...but I anticipate it coming soon.  I love driving down my road and seeing the proof of God's handiwork.

10. Things that make me laugh. 
 Truthfully, I like things that make me laugh all year long...but I thought I would share some of the funniest ones I have received.  Laughing is good for my soul and I love to laugh.  I love to hear other people laugh. 

This next one is me to a tee!  I wish it weren't but it is.  And it makes me laugh every time I read it.  Not because I am proud of what I say that I shouldn't, but more because I have a daughter now with absolutely no filter on her mouth...


What are your favorite things about fall?






post signature

2 comments:

  1. 1. To solve that super sweet dilemma, I order mine with half pumps. The Venti has FIVE pumps of syrup. I do 2 or 2.5. But I also don’t like sweet coffee. A PSL is dessert for me.
    2. Preach it.
    3&4. Yes!
    OK, I need to get back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin spice drinks sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete