Monday, December 31, 2012

Who Doesn't Love 20 Questions?

20 Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection

I saw this on one of my twitter followers' feeds and decided to join in.  If you want to participate, here is the link from The Simple Mom.  These were some tough questions!!!!!!!!!!


1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? 

 The single best thing that happened this past year was probably the fun vacation we took as a family to Disney World.  One thing that made it so much fun was the fact that my parents and one of my sisters and her daughter were there too.  I am a people person, so sharing this with lots of people I love was THE BEST!

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?

The single most challenging thing this year was probably the struggle we had with Mark's health (which I haven't really talked about on here) from September 11-present day!  We have spent many hours at the doctor, in the hospital and up worrying.  God has been good, but it has been hard.


3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?

An unexpected joy was probably coaching Will's basketball team.  I would have never thought I would enjoy it...and even as stressful as it was, I did enjoy it (so much so that I am doing it again).  And really, I am the assistant...which is probably why I like it.  :)



 4. What was an unexpected obstacle?

An unexpected obstacle would probably be when the dermatologist told me the spot on my nose that she thought was just a skin tag was cancer.  It was unexpected, completely, but it was fine too.  I have a picture of it, but decided not to post!  You are welcome!

5. Pick three words to describe 2012.

Love, perseverance, faith

6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2012—don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you. (If you’re not married, have fun guessing the answers from other friends and family, or just skip this question.)

 Stressful, busy, unexpected

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2012—again, without asking.

Successful, surprising, scary

8. What were the best books you read this year?

 Oh man, too many to list them all...I am a suspense, military kinda girl...so anything along those lines works for me in terms of fiction reads.

Jesus Calling is still my favorite devotional this year...

 9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?

My most valuable relationships were with my husband and kids, my family and my sweet friend Lynn!




10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?

 My biggest personal change would probably be learning to keep my mouth shut more.  Now, for those that know me well, you know I didn't go silent...I might die if that happened.  But I tried really hard to be more positive and if I couldn't be, then I tried SUPER hard to be quiet. 

 11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?

I learned that I am responsible only for my actions, words and deeds and no one else's.  I cannot control another person's reaction to me, but I can control how I react.  

 12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?

Life is not about me...never has been and never will be.  Being in the center of God's will is all this life is about...Sure, I struggle with this, but realizing it and focusing on it has changed me.

 13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?

I exercise more, I try to eat better and I have lost some unwanted pounds....I also turned 40 (yikes!)

 14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?

I am more honest with those I am closest to and I am a little more guarded with what I share with those I barely know.

 15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?

The most enjoyable part of my work was being able to teach my son...I didn't know that joy would continue this year as I was promoted to the fourth grade also!  It was also fun finally having both kids in the same school with me!

 16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?

The most challenging part of my work was being moved from third grade to fourth grade (yes, it was a joy and a challenge).

 17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?

Complaining- I am really good at it---that might be part of the problem!

 18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?

Spending time talking to, listening to and hanging out with my kids.

 19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?

Life is unexpected and hard.  But I serve a God who is not surprised by any of it.  That makes it possible to face anything!

20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2013 for you. 

JOY IN ALL THINGS --- I want to focus on the good in all things I face this year.  The Joy of the Lord is my strength and I want to exemplify that!




Enjoy this last day of 2012 and many blessings to you in 2013!!!!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. You've had some year - and yet you did it all with grace, taking the time to still be grateful and positive. Have a wonderful 2013. I hope it's filled with health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete