Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ten Favorite Things

This is a random post.  One of those that I thought-oh that would be fun to know about all of my favorite bloggers.  So, since I know I am one of your favorite bloggers (haha), I decided to go first.  Return the favor though.  If you don't have a blog (ahem...that would be all of you who call me family), then leave your favorites in a comment (please).


1.  My Bible.  Or my Bible app on my phone.  God's word is so important.  Knowing God's word is so important.  Memorizing is not a strong trait of mine, so I am even more grateful for daily access to the inspired Word of God.  He gave us His precious Word so that as we struggle through this life (and we WILL struggle), we have a "map" to follow.

2. My family.  I don't know what I would do without Mark and my kids.  They make my life so full and fun.  But I also want to include my mom, dad, sisters, brother, their spouses and their kids too.  I do not know what kind of family you have, but mine rocks.  They are a support system that I can always count on, they love college basketball and they make me smile!

3. My phone.  Now before you judge me on this one, hear me out.  I live no where near any of my extended family and my phone keeps me connected.  Often times during the work day, I get messages from my family that encourage me, make me smile (see above paragraph) and simply inform me of the goings on in my family.  It is also my calendar and my instant information source.  I may be more attached to my phone than you all are, but I am OK with that.

4. Dry Shampoo.  This has revolutionized my world.  I don't have to wash my hair everyday now that I have this awesome product.  With my long hair, drying time takes forever (or it feels like it).  Using dry shampoo keeps me from that torture!  My favorite dry shampoo is this one.


 5. Papermate Flair Pens.  This are my absolute faves.  If I can't use one of these, then I want a fine point pen of some sort.  :)  Mark says I have a problem.  I plead the fifth.

6.  The LOFT.  Love this store.  Comfortable.  Not super expensive.  But not cheaply made.  And I love my local store...mainly because they know me there!  :)

7. Castle. NCIS. Necessary Roughness. Rissoli and Isles. Mindless TV shows that take me away, for a short time period, from my crazy life.  Mostly cop shows.  :)  Hmmmm....

8. College Basketball.  I love basketball season.  I live in an area of the country where college football reigns supreme.  The conference I live in the middle of has won the national championship in football for the past 7 or 8 years (not sure, cuz I don't care that much).  Anyway, being a college basketball fan around here can be lonely!  :)  But I don't mind.  And my favorite team?  The UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA at CHAPEL HILL!

9. The Beach.  Specifically, Pawleys Island, SC.  I love this place because when I am there I am around family.  I love this place because--well,  who doesn't love the beach?  I should spend more time there.

10. Popcorn.  Yes.  I said popcorn.  It is my number one food.  I could eat it everyday.  I blame my dad.  :)  Favorite popper?  This one.  Now that I use this one, popcorn from anywhere else is just bleh!
Ok...your turn.  Leave me a comment with at LEAST ONE favorite thing...





post signature

2 comments:

  1. Random posts are my favorite. Every time Meg does one, I'm inspired.

    I learned things about you in this!

    Curious about this popper. I recently started popping in a pot on the stove. So much better than microwave but I don't like babysitting it.

    Dry shampoo. I tried some that came highly recommended to me today for the first time. It is Suave in a silver-y bottle for $3!!! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh Ann's 10 favorite things (as requested by Paige):
    1.God because without Him I would be institutionalized-that is not a joke.
    2.Family because God gave them to me-all of them (including Paige :))
    3.America because God put me here in the land of the free and the home of the brave
    4.US Army because God has provided jobs there for me, my husband and my kids although they have not fully embraced that yet :)
    5.Protestant Women of the Chapel (PWOC) because God is still pouring out His peace among those who must practice war
    6.Sleep because I don't get enough
    7.Coffee because I don't get enough sleep
    8.Chocolate because it makes me feel better immediately
    9.Early morning walks with my husband and dog followed by coffee on the porch
    10.Bare Escentials makeup because Paige said at my age I should not go out without it. I tried it a week ago and now I can't live without it. Next I am trying dry shampoo.

    Love you, Paige!

    ReplyDelete