Tuesday, October 1, 2013

They did WHAT?

                                      (the photo above came from an online Fox News story)

OK...I realize it has been a long time since I last posted and the title of my last post was "She Loves Well".  And Miss Anna does love well...you know who doesn't love well, though?

The Congress of the United States of America. 

I have always been proud to be an American.  I have told you before that I do believe with all my heart that I was raised by THE MOST patriotic woman in the world.  We are a family that has dedicated much of our lives to serving this country.  My dad served for 29 years in the military---missing my senior year to fight for freedoms in other parts of the world.  I am watching as my brother-in-law tries to attend as many events as is  this year with my nephew because he will miss his senior year due to deployment.

So it makes me SICK to think that career politicians who clearly have shown that they DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE can make the decision that it is in the American people's best interest to shut down our government and keep Obamacare running.

First, I can only imagine the laughter and jokes from all over the world as they hear our government, OUR GOVERNMENT, is shutting down.  We aren't talking about our car manufacturers, people, we are talking about the government of  (what once was) the most powerful country in the nation.  What an embarrassment, Harry Reid.

But the best part about this is that the Senate decided to shut down millions of jobs in order to save a healthcare program THAT THEY REFUSE TO TAKE PART IN AND REFUSE TO LET THEIR STAFF TAKE PART IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on America....when do we hold them responsible?  When do we demand they live like the rest of us?  When do we say enough is enough and take back The Land of the Free and the Home of the BRAVE?

I was furious over this in the early morning hours today...I was laying in bed, waiting for my alarm to go off and it was tearing me up.

Then my alarm did go off and the song that played sang these words to me...

"Day after day our God is reigning, He's never shaken, my hope is in the Lord.
Time after time our God is faithful, trustworthy Savior, my hope is in the Lord."

And I am reminded, that even when the boneheads in Washington, DC make the dumbest decisions, my hope, my security, my peace are all still safe...because they are being held by His Hands.  And thankfully, His Hands, don't every make boneheaded decisions.

So while I wish America would wake up and see what we are doing to ourselves, spiritually and politically, I will rest in His unfailing love and grace, and I will pray for this country I love.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Because we could lose our non-profit status, I'm not allowed to comment on anything political or party related on any social media so I'm really thankful for friends who express my same thoughts so I can at least applaud from the sidelines.

    When watching the news this morning, I heard that they weren't taking away their own salaries, I screamed out loud (for nobody to hear), "What the heck? That's ridiculous!"

    Argh.

    ReplyDelete